The 2014 CHEO Health Kids Awards
What do a grandmother who founded a program for early autism intervention, a twenty one-year-old tutor, and an Ottawa group that provides swimming lessons to special needs kids all have in common?
They’re all winners from the 2013 CHEO Healthy Kids Awards.
Amazing people like these are all around us in the Ottawa community. They work hard each day to champion the health of kids and teens all over the region.
For the third year in a row, CHEO is celebrating the community’s dedication to children’s health with an awards ceremony, but we need your help in finding the right people.
So…is there a person, organization, or program in that sticks out in your mind as someone who goes the ‘extra mile’ to keep kids healthy and active? Maybe it’s the swim instructor who took a little extra time to help a nervous young swimmer, or the special needs program that makes things a little easier for your family, or the teacher that inspires your kids.
Whoever they are, let them know what their work means to you and your family.
This year, we’ve got six categories for nominations:
- For Youth by Youth: youth-led programs and initiatives;
- Community Champion: an individual making a difference;
- Community Program: a program or initiative helping kids;
- Help for Special Needs: someone enriching the lives of children and youth who are developmentally delayed, medically challenged, technologically dependent or who require complex or palliative care.
- Connected Care: co-operative efforts that achieve more than one group could do alone; and
- Health Advocacy and Public Education: someone raising visibility for a key issue that impacts the health of children and youth, or influencing a change in government policy that will positively benefit kids and families.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and will receive a commemorative plaque and a monetary reward of $500 to be reinvested into their program. The Healthy Kids Awards Ceremony will take place on March 26th, 2014, chaired by Mrs. Laureen Harper.
Deadline is January 31st at 5pm
More details can be found at http://www.cheo.on.ca/en/healthykids