There are usually 3-5 different games lasting for another 30-45 minutes. After all of the games have been played and prizes awarded, the guest of honor opens her gifts. Then cake is served and the party ends. As a host, your day might start with preparing the food to be served at the shower.
How many prizes should you have for a baby shower?
A minimum of two prizes per game is a must to appreciate the participation of the guests. You can add one or two more prizes per game depending on your budget and wish for the ties and runner-up prizes. Some people even have prizes for other things such as punctual guests, well-dressed guests, etc.
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
What can you do instead of baby shower games?
- Decorating baby onesies;
- Making headbands for a baby girl;
- Coloring pages to create a unique Alphabet book for baby;
- Decorating bibs or burp cloths;
- Creating a time capsule for baby;
- Writing future birthday cards;
- Creating funny diaper messages, etc.
What is a good menu for a baby shower?
At this time of day, a menu might include:
- Fruit salad.
- Vegetable tray with dip.
- Mini sandwiches or hot hors d’œuvres.
- Cake or dessert.
What do you do at a baby shower?
19 Unique Baby Shower Ideas
- 1) Go Co-Ed. Baby showers are traditionally ladies only, but you can mix things up by inviting daddy’s friends, too. …
- 2) Think Outside The House. …
- 3) Host A Couples Buffet. …
- 4) Throw A Just-For-Mom Shower. …
- 5) Pamper The Mom-To-Be. …
- 6) Pick A Theme For The Gifts. …
- 7) Throw A Tea Party. …
- Break Out The Crafts.
Do you need prizes for baby shower games?
Party favors are much cheaper or simple like little bags of candy. You don’t need to do both at your shower, but most people do. Party favors go to everyone that comes to the shower. Prizes are only for people who win baby shower games.
Who is supposed to give a baby shower?
Most baby showers should be hosted by a sister, mother, mother-in-law, or close friend. Baby showers were traditionally thrown by family members who weren’t close with the parents-to-be, to avoid the assumption that close family members wanted to collect gifts for themselves.
How can I make my baby shower more fun?
Here are some tips and tricks to actually having fun at your own shower.
- Make it co-ed. …
- Hold a separate one for friends and for relatives. …
- Make it three hours—max. …
- Serve lots of alcohol. …
- Make an anonymous tip box labelled “unsolicited advice” …
- Pick a convenient location. …
- Buy yourself a new outfit for the occasion.
How do you make a baby shower not boring?
How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck
- Stop calling them showers. …
- Include men* and families. …
- Make it an open house. …
- Ask guests to bring unwrapped gifts. …
- Have optional activities. …
- Serve good eats and drinks. …
- 19 thoughts on “How to Throw a Baby Shower That Doesn’t Suck”
Who should not host a baby shower?
It is considered inappropriate for you or your spouse to throw the baby shower. It is considered rude to ask someone to throw you a baby shower. Typically a close friend or one of the grandmas-to-be will throw a baby shower. It is acceptable to have a sister or other family member throw the baby shower.
Do you eat first at a baby shower?
At an open house baby shower, the guests are coming and going so the food is available for guests to eat anytime. … After the games, it is again a personal preference, you can either allow your guests to eat and then open presents or open presents first and then eat.
How much does the average baby shower cost?
Depending on the number of guests, the location, the food, and other considerations, a baby shower can easily cost anywhere between $100 to $1000 – and celebrities like Beyoncé have pulled costs up to $500,000!
What should I serve at a 2pm baby shower?
Mid-day baby showers usually have lighter finger foods, such as miniature sandwiches or miniature quiches. There is also pimento cheese, peanut butter or miniature ham sandwiches. An assortment of crackers with cheese spreads or cheese balls gives guests something to nibble on while the mother-to-be unwraps gifts.
Is it rude to go to a baby shower without a gift?
Though a gift is expected if a guest attends, guests should only be invited to help celebrate the upcoming arrival, not for the gift they bring. If a guest is invited to a shower but can’t attend, there is no obligation to send a gift, though they certainly may if they want to.
Is it rude to not open gifts at a baby shower?
As much as guests would love for the mom-to-be to open their gifts, proper etiquette is respecting her wishes and not asking her to open the presents during the shower. Once one gift is opened, a chain reaction will start and everyone will want theirs opened too.
How long do baby showers last?