Robitussin DM is a cough remedy containing guaifenesin to loosen mucus and dextromethorphan, a medication to suppress coughing. Both ingredients are safe to use during pregnancy.
What cough medicine can I take while pregnant?
Cough medications: Expectorants (like Mucinex), cough suppressants (such as Robitussin or Vicks Formula 44), vapor rubs (like Vicks Vapo Rub) as well as most cough drops are considered safe during pregnancy, but ask your practitioner about dosing.
Is Robitussin DM alcohol free?
Generic Name & Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, guaifenesin 100mg; per 5mL; syrup; alcohol-free; contains menthol.
What over the counter medicine is safe for pregnancy?
Over-the-Counter Medications Safe to Take During Pregnancy
- Antacids (Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, Maalox, Pepcid, Prevacid)
- Simethicone (Gas-X, Mylicon for gas pain, Gaviscon)
- Immodium or BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast or tea) for diarrhea.
How do I get rid of a cough while pregnant?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
Can I take Covonia chesty cough while pregnant?
Can I take Covonia dry & tickly cough linctus while pregnant or breastfeeding? Yes – Covonia dry & tickly cough linctus is safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
What does DM stand for in Robitussin?
Robitussin Dm (Guaifenesin / Dextromethorphan) is a combination medicine that relieves multiple cold symptoms. It’s good to use if you have chest congestion and a cough.
Is Robitussin DM Max safe while pregnant?
Is Robitussin DM Safe to Take During Pregnancy? Robitussin DM is a cough remedy containing guaifenesin to loosen mucus and dextromethorphan, a medication to suppress coughing. Both ingredients are safe to use during pregnancy.
Is Robitussin a good cough medicine?
Delsym and Robitussin are both effective at suppressing temporary cough caused by acute processes such as the common cold. They are preferred over codeine-based prescription formulations because they are non-opioid and available without a prescription.
Which medications are safe during pregnancy?
Safe Medications to Take During Pregnancy
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)*
- Dextromethorphan (Robitussin®)*
- Guaifenesin (Mucinex® [plain]) *
- Vicks Vapor Rub® mentholated cream.
- Mentholated or non-mentholated cough drops.
- (Sugar-free cough drops for gestational diabetes should not contain blends of herbs or aspartame)
Can I take extra strength Tylenol while pregnant?
Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is generally safe to use during pregnancy, although you should consult your doctor first. You can take as much as two extra-strength tablets, 500 milligrams each, every four hours, up to four times a day. Maximum consumption per day should be limited to 4,000 mg or less.
What pain relief can I take when pregnant?
Paracetamol is the first choice of painkiller if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s been taken by many pregnant and breastfeeding women with no harmful effects in the mother or baby.
Can coughing in pregnancy harm baby?
Even if you’re coughing a lot, you’re very unlikely to harm your baby – he or she is well protected inside you. “If you’ve got a cough during pregnancy,” says midwife and health visitor Karina Dyer, “it could well be your body’s way of saying slow down and rest – so take as much time out as you can.”
How do you get rid of a cough in 5 minutes?
19 natrual and home remedies to cure and soothe a cough
- Stay hydrated: Drink lots of water to thin mucus.
- Inhale steam: Take a hot shower, or boil water and pour into a bowl, face the bowl (stay at least 1 foot away), place a towel over the back of your head to form a tent and inhale. …
- Use a humidifier to loosen mucus.
What is the natural remedy for cough during pregnancy?
To relieve coughing during pregnancy is recommended to avoid cold, heavily polluted, or dusty places. Alongside, pregnant women should also drink about 2 liters of water a day, as well as warm teas, with honey and lemon, which can help relieve the cough naturally.