Vicks Vaporub is safe for mums-to-be and helps relieve the symptoms of a blocked nose, sore throat and cough. It is available as an ointment for rubbing on the chest, throat or back, and can also be added to hot water and the vapours inhaled.
Is menthol rub safe during pregnancy?
Menthol is a common ingredient of many throat lozenges, sprays, and topical ointments. There are no human studies on the use of menthol during pregnancy; thus, its risk is undetermined. The concentration of menthol in these products is low, and the risk of malformations is therefore believed to be small.
How can I clear my sinuses while pregnant?
Here are some other home remedies to relieve your sinus infection symptoms:
- Use saline drops from the pharmacy, or make your own drops using 1 cup of warm water, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of baking soda.
- Run a humidifier at night to keep your nasal passage clear and thin mucus.
How can I treat a cold while pregnant?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
5 авг. 2016 г.
Can Vicks Vapor Rub hurt a baby?
The AAP can only safely recommend Vicks for children starting at age 2. Perhaps more significantly, a 2009 study published in the journal Chest suggested Vicks doesn’t work and it might be dangerous for infants and children. This is because camphor is toxic if ingested, which is more likely to occur in young children.
Which painkiller is best in pregnancy?
- Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, a nonsalicylate similar to aspirin in analgesic potency, has demonstrated efficacy and apparent safety at all stages of pregnancy in standard therapeutic doses. …
- Aspirin. …
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. …
Can having a sinus infection while pregnant hurt the baby?
While sinus pressure and pain in pregnancy might leave you feeling pretty under the weather, the good news is that the infection won’t affect your baby.
What nose spray is safe during pregnancy?
Budesonide nasal spray is available with a prescription as generic budesonide or brand-names Rhinocort Aqua, Entocort, and Pulmicort. It’s also available over-the-counter as Rhinocort Allergy. Other options that are safe to use during pregnancy include mometasone (Nasonex) and fluticasone propionate (Flonase).
What meds are OK to take while pregnant?
Which Medications Are Safe During Pregnancy?
- Safe to take: Regular and extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Safe to take: Metamucil, Colace, Citracel, Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax.
- Safe to take: Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Pepcid.
- Safe to take: Penicillin.
- Safe to take: Monistat, Gynelotrimin.
11 июн. 2015 г.
Can coughing hurt the baby while pregnant?
Even if you’re coughing a lot, you’re very unlikely to harm your baby – he or she is well protected inside you. “If you’ve got a cough during pregnancy,” says midwife and health visitor Karina Dyer, “it could well be your body’s way of saying slow down and rest – so take as much time out as you can.”
Are colds worse when pregnant?
Getting sick is never fun, but getting sick while pregnant is even worse. It is common for the immune system to weaken while you are pregnant, which makes you more susceptible to getting sick.
What cold medicine is safe for pregnancy?
Common Cold Medicine and Pregnancy: The Safe List
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Loratadine (Claritin)
- Zinc lozenges.
- Chloraseptic spray (but a salt water gargle is just as effective, with no risks)
26 авг. 2009 г.
How do you decongest a baby?
5 Ways to Treat Your Baby’s Stuffy Nose
- Try Saline (Saltwater) Drops. You can buy this at the store. …
- Remove the Sticky Stuff. Sometimes mucus hardens into a crusty or sticky mess around your baby’s nose. …
- Vaporize. …
- Give Love Pats. …
- Know When to Wait It Out.
What’s the difference between baby Vicks and regular Vicks?
Vicks offers a safer alternative called Vicks BabyRub for babies and children under 2 years but older than 3 months. This product contains fragrances and aloe in a petroleum jelly base but does not contain camphor oil.
Can Vicks cause pneumonia?
In this case report we highlight Exogenous Lipoid Pneumonia (ELP), an uncommon condition that results from accumulation of exogenous lipids in the alveoli, as an adverse side effect of long-term Vicks VapoRub use.