Strepsils are not generally thought to be harmful to take when you’re pregnant but, as there have been no specific, large-scale studies into the safety of Strepsils in pregnancy, you may prefer to treat a sore throat by gargling with salty water, sucking an ice cube or drinking hot lemon and honey.
Is it okay to take Strepsils while pregnant?
Can Strepsils lozenges be taken during pregnancy and lactation? No adverse events associated with taking Strepsils basic range of products (Amylmetacresol/Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol) have been reported during either pregnancy and lactation.
What throat lozenges are safe during pregnancy?
Throat lozenges containing local anaesthetic and antibacterial agents may be used in pregnancy. Avoid excessive use as it may cause unwanted side effects such as diarrhoea. Gargling salt water or drinking lemon and honey products may also help to ease a sore throat.
What helps a sore throat when pregnant?
How should I treat a sore throat while I’m pregnant?
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Drink a soothing herbal tea or hot water with lemon and honey.
- Suck on a lozenge or hard candy to relieve pain temporarily.
- To boost your immune system and fight infection, eat healthy foods, especially fruits and vegetables.
Is it safe to take Cofsils during pregnancy?
Cofsils Cough Syrup is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor’s advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful effects to the developing baby.
What is the fastest way to cure a sore throat?
16 Best Sore Throat Remedies to Make You Feel Better Fast, According to Doctors
- Gargle with salt water—but steer clear of apple cider vinegar. …
- Drink extra-cold liquids. …
- Suck on an ice pop. …
- Fight dry air with a humidifier. …
- Skip acidic foods. …
- Swallow antacids. …
- Sip herbal teas. …
- Coat and soothe your throat with honey.
Are Strepsils good for coughs?
Strepsils Sore throat and cough lozenges contains two antiseptic ingredients (2,4-Diclorobenzyl alcohol and Amylmetacresol) for use in throat medications. These are used for the symptomatic relief of mouth and throat infections and dry, irritating coughs associated with the common cold and nasal congestion.
Is sore throat common in pregnancy?
Your immune system lowers slightly during pregnancy so your body won’t reject your developing baby. Not all sore throats are due to infection, however. For example, heartburn, a common pregnancy symptom, can also give you a sore throat. Pregnant women also often become congested, which can lead to a sore throat.
What can a pregnant woman take for a cough?
Safe options include:
- plain cough syrup, such as Vicks.
- dextromethorphan (Robitussin; category C) and dextromethorphan-guaifenesin (Robitussin DM; category C) cough syrups.
- cough expectorant during the day.
- cough suppressant at night.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol; category B) to relieve pain and fever.
Can I drink tea while pregnant?
Most caffeinated teas are considered safe to drink during pregnancy, as long as they do not cause a woman’s total daily caffeine intake to exceed 300 mg ( 8 , 11 ). Women who are particularly sensitive to caffeine may benefit from aiming for a maximum of 100 mg of caffeine per day ( 8 ).
How do you fight a cold when pregnant?
- menthol rub on your chest, temples, and under the nose.
- nasal strips, which are sticky pads that open congested airways.
- cough drops or lozenges.
- acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains, and fevers.
- cough suppressant at night.
- expectorant during the day.
Can coughing hurt the baby while pregnant?
Even if you’re coughing a lot, you’re very unlikely to harm your baby – he or she is well protected inside you. “If you’ve got a cough during pregnancy,” says midwife and health visitor Karina Dyer, “it could well be your body’s way of saying slow down and rest – so take as much time out as you can.”
Should I go to the doctor for a sore throat while pregnant?
When should you call the doctor about a sore throat during pregnancy? Your sore throat is severe or lasts more than three days. You have a fever with a sore throat. Your sore throat comes on suddenly or makes it difficult to swallow or breathe.
Does Strepsils kill bacteria?
Strepsils® Lozenges contain an effective combination of two antibacterial agents to help kill the bacteria which can cause sore throats and mouth infections.
Can you have honey while pregnant?
Yes, it is safe to eat honey while you are pregnant. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists does not list honey in their recommended list of foods that pregnant women should avoid. There are two main reasons why it is safe for women to eat honey while they are pregnant.