Here are some special considerations for the pregnant woman: Don’t eat raw or undercooked seafood or meats. Reduce your risk for listeriosis, an illness caused by bacteria found in unpasteurized milk, soft cheese, raw vegetables and shellfish. Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating and thoroughly cook shellfish.
Do and don’ts food for pregnant?
Don’t eat unpasteurized milk and soft cheeses, fish high in mercury, or raw or undercooked foods including fish and eggs. Stay away from heavy lifting and bending. Don’t take hot baths or use saunas. High temperatures can be harmful to the fetus or lead you to faint.
What should you not do in your first trimester?
11 Things to Avoid During Pregnancy – What Not to Do
- Don’t eat these foods.
- Don’t paint the nursery.
- Don’t overdo it on the caffeine.
- Don’t take certain medications.
- Don’t wear stilettos.
- Don’t hang out in the hot tub or sauna.
- Don’t change the kitty litter.
- Don’t breathe secondhand smoke.
What are the do’s and don’ts in the first trimester of pregnancy?
Don’ts for the First Trimester
Do not consume any junk foods as they lead to an increased risk of gestational diabetes since they are high in sugar and calorific content. Smoking, alcohol and caffeine consumption should be avoided. If you’re pregnant, whatever you put into your body reaches your baby too.
What food can kill a baby when pregnant?
We’ve addressed some foods that are harmful and should be avoided when you’re pregnant for your safety and that of your baby.
- Meats. …
- Cheese. …
- Fish. …
- Raw or Undercooked Eggs. …
- Raw or Undercooked Salad Greens. …
- Alcohol. …
Which fruits should avoid during pregnancy?
Bad Fruits for Pregnancy
- Pineapple. Pineapples are shown to contain bromelain, which can cause the cervix to soften and result in an early labor if eaten in large quantities. …
- Papaya. Papaya, when ripe, is actually pretty safe for expectant mothers to include in their pregnancy diets. …
Which month is most important in pregnancy?
The first trimester is the most critical time in your pregnancy. Although the fetus at the end of three months is only about 4 inches long and weighs less than 1 ounce, all of its functions have begun to form — major organs and nervous system, heartbeat, arms, fingers, legs, toes, hair, and buds for future teeth.
When should you tell people you are pregnant?
Most moms-to-be do wait to share their news until after week 13 of pregnancy, when the risk of miscarriage goes way down. But that doesn’t mean you have to. In fact, some moms-to-be feel that if they were faced with a pregnancy loss, they’d want the support of close family and friends.
What can I drink besides water while pregnant?
Healthy Alternatives to Water
- Sparkling water (try squeezing in some fresh citrus fruit for flavor)
- Pasteurized skim milk.
- Pasteurized soy and almond milk (barring any allergies)
- Freshly squeezed or pasteurized juices (juice has a lot of sugar, so drink in moderation)
- Coconut water.
- Herbal iced tea (no caffeine)
- Decaf coffee.
Is it OK to bend when pregnant?
Physical demands (lifting, standing, bending) Heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time, or bending a lot during pregnancy could increase your chances of miscarriage, preterm birth, or injury during pregnancy.
How should you sleep during first trimester?
During the first trimester, it is safe for a woman to sleep in whatever position she feels comfortable in, whether this is on her back, side, or stomach. Any combination of the above positions is also fine. The uterus has not grown large enough to interfere with sleep.
Can I take a bath while pregnant?
Baths are perfectly safe in pregnancy if you follow a few simple rules: Keep your bathwater warm, not hot. 98.6 degrees F is just perfect and feels great. Avoid baths after your water has not broken.
What can I do to make my baby intelligent during pregnancy?
Are you pregnant? 8 simple things you can do to have an intelligent baby
- Start a storytime habit.
- Eat healthy.
- Stay fit and active.
- Play music and get talking.
- Keep thyroid levels in check.
- Don’t ignore the supplements.
- Get a little sunshine.
- Gently massage your tummy.
Is banana good for pregnancy?
Bananas. Bananas are another good source of potassium. They also contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, and fiber. Constipation is very common during pregnancy.
Which food can cause miscarriage?
Foods that can cause miscarriage
- 01/9Smoked seafood. Smoked and refrigerated seafood (usually labeled as nova or lox) should be avoided as it might be contaminated with listeria. …
- 02/9Raw eggs. <p>Pregnant women should avoid under-cooked food. …
- 03/9Unpasteurized milk. …
- 04/9Drumstick Tree. …
- 05/9Animal Liver. …
- 06/9Aloe Vera. …
- 07/9Sprouted Potato. …